The Linguistic Quality Assurance (LQA) app will help you measure the translation quality and get more insights into the translation team's performance.
The app is free and supports industry-standard translation quality metrics (or models) such as TAUS DQF-MQM, LISA, and SAE J2450. You can edit the existing models or create your own from scratch.
The app helps proofreaders while reviewing the translations categorize the mistakes and inconsistencies depending on the model chosen. For project managers, these data are summarized in the reports that help evaluate the translation process's efficiency.
To connect the Linguistic Quality Assurance app to your project in Crowdin Enterprise:
- Open the Marketplace tab on the left-side menu of your workspace, use the search field to find the app, and click Install.
- Select the users who will be able to use the app and the projects where the app will be used.
- Open the app using the left-side menu of your workspace to specify translation quality models for each project separately. You’ll be able to generate reports from there as well.
To connect the Linguistic Quality Assurance app to your project in Crowdin:
- Go to Resources in the menu bar, select Marketplace in the drop-down menu, use the search field to find the app, and click Install.
- Select the users who will use the app and the projects where users will be able to use the app.
- To select a model for each project, edit settings, and generate reports, go to the Project Settings > LQA tab.
After you configure the app to the project, a separate tab will be added to the Editor's right-side section. Using it, reviewers will compare the translations with the corrected variants, select the parts with mistakes or inconsistencies, and categorize them depending on the model chosen.
Project managers will then generate reports to make data-driven decisions regarding the translation quality and contribution by each specific translator.